SYMPHONY NEW BRUNSWICK INC.
April 3, 2020
Symphony New Brunswick Announces Concert Postponements
Symphony New Brunswick is announcing further postponement and cancellations of its Bravo and Virtuoso series concerts. The Symphony’s priority remains to protect our musicians, staff and patrons in this period of uncertainty. Due to the Province of New Brunswick’s social distancing mandate and the efforts to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we will now be cancelling or postponing all remaining Symphony New Brunswick concerts through the end of May.
- March 21, 22, 2020: The Family show is postponed until September. Dates to be announced as soon as possible.
- April 25, 26 & 28, 2020: The “Spring Fling” Show is cancelled. The soloist, Heather Flemming will perform with SNB in our Christmas production in December.
- May 5, 6, 12, 2020: The collaboration with the Atlantic Ballet has been cancelled.
- May 15, 16 & 17, 2020: “Sounds like Summer” is postponed and will be rescheduled for the autumn.
- May 27, 28, 29, 2020: Beethoven’s Birthday Bravo tour is postponed but will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
In these difficult times, we are reminded that music has a unique power to bring communities together and to create a sense of comfort and calm. We will continue to keep in touch with our patrons in unique and interesting ways via our social media channels and though e-mail communications.
The Symphony New Brunswick office will remain closed. Our team is working remotely and available through e-mail and social media. We have shifted our focus to planning a fantastic 2020-2021 season. Details will be available at your local theatre and on the SNB website at the end of May.
Symphony New Brunswick remains optimistic about the future. Tragically, many arts organizations and individual artists in New Brunswick and elsewhere are suffering hardships but we remain confident the Symphony will survive and continue to serve the public for many years to come. Right now, we and our musicians cannot be with you in person, but we will continue to seek innovative ways to serve New Brunswickers through social media channels and other possible means. We want to thank our many patrons for their support and understanding as we all work through this unprecedented period together.
For more information, please contact: symphony New Brunswick Inc.